Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today , June 13, 2012 I turned forty. Every year on my Birthday I call my mother to wish her a Happy Birthday too, after all she got me here. I also present her with a flower , which I intend to do tomorrow.

Turning forty is very strange. When I was a little girl, and even a older teenager I thought at forty I'd have three children and look like a seventy year old ( that was my perspective of a forty year old).

The reality is, I am a young forty year old. Its true! I am happy with my age
( Although, thirty seven has a ring to it). At forty, I have a five year old daughter, I'm married nearly 15 years ( June 28th) and I have a great house on Long Island.

The only thing at forty years old that makes me uncomfortable is the fact that my parents are getting older as well and I'm terrified about them not being here.
I seriously don't know how to deal with that, so I just put it aside.

At forty, I want to be closer then I am to both my sisters and make my marraige something for others to crave. At forty, I want to work on being a outstanding role model to my daughter and my neices and nephews. Corny as it may sound, I want to work on making the world better for the next generations.

Over the passed few years since Nadine was born, during her toddler years friends have come and gone, specially since I moved from Sea Cliff to Holbrook. Although just a 50 minute ride, many friends have simply "dissed" me. A few, which I can count on one hand have stayed in touch despite the busy lives they lead, weather it be a phone call, thru facebook, emailing, texting , and meeting up. For those of you, I am so grateful. WIth this I have learned to select my friends wisely. I am a very giving person, I love my friends and I take pride in the friendships we share-they are important to me.

At forty I'm looking forward to a change in jobs, possibly more hours ( I only have one child and she'll be in Kindergarten), I look forward to writing more and working on a book ( maybe more). At forty, I welcome new friends and hopefully a Boxer doggie is waiting for us ( i know i'm waiting ).

Tonight I glanced in on her sleeping and I recalled this lovely evening after dinner, she persued to her bedroom where she changed from her play clothes into a pretty dress ( a fourth of July Dress). Her intention was to look pretty when she sang Happy Birthday to me with Daddy. She makes me feel that I am the luckiest Mommy in the world!

I'm nervous about whats to come once Nadine attends Kindergarten. Those years of her and I going to parks and playing all day, reading books and coloring are coming to a end and are slowly changing to a full day at School-for her, after school activities , more playdates and boyfriends ( well.... not yet on that one). As I am sad that these five years have gone so fast, I'm excited to see what her and my next adventure will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment