Monday, April 29, 2013

BIG GIRL



Every few weeks, days or months I feel like a new milestone is reached with Nadine, sometimes with myself as well.
This week particular was bittersweet. Nadine has her first loose tooth! For her this is so exciting. She's been waiting for this to happen for almost a year.
After all in School, its pure excitement when her friends and classmates loose a tooth.
Nadine walked up to me and said "Mommy my tooth is loose, feel it" as she wiggled it and slurred her words.
My finger lightly touched the top of it , and to my astonishment, one of her bottom teeth are in fact wiggly.
As I shared in Nadine's excitement, I couldn't stop smiling the entire night!
The following day was a different story, I realized she was loosing her baby teeth. The teeth I was there for when they started to grow in, the teeth I was there for when they bothered her, the teeth that have been with her for almost six years.

In addition to teeth emotions going on, during the passed week my arms have gotten tired and weaker as Nadine grows taller, its most difficult for me to pick her up.
This is the hardest emotion I've been dealing with. It seems like such a small thing, yet I'm sad that this time is ending. To boot, she's well aware I can barely pick her up , as she suggests to me "Mommy , maybe I should walk" Or "Mommy, can you ask Daddy to carry me to my bed, I'm too tired to walk". Those sentences as simple as they are, seem to make me tear up.

Yesterday while doing yard work, my neighbor came outside with her two gorgeous children. At some point she offered to take Nadine into their backyard , so Nadine can play on the swing set, as I continued my work. Normally, I am reluctant to allow Nadine to go anywhere without me, but I found myself saying "Sure, thank you and Nadine listen to Gabriella's Mommy". During my time , I got so much done. But it wasn't till the evening when my husband told me he was proud of me for allowing Nadine to go play across the way without me, that I realized not only did I feel comfortable with my neighbor, I felt comfortable with myself and I know it's good for Nadine to be apart from me ( for a little bit).

Now, I know some of you udge my paranoia, my craziness, however these three milestones were big, for Nadine and for myself. :-)

Oh.. I almost forgot to mention, I'm not a fan of chewing Gum, however, Nadine blew her first bubble this week and it was freaking awesome!

Time is moving, I can only move with it and take in my beautiful girly's "Big girl" life as she is about to turn six.



No comments:

Post a Comment