Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What to get my Dad ?

As I prepare for My Fathers upcoming Birthday, I have to ponder "what do I get the man".
He's never been one to impress ( needless to say, I've become that way as well).
Non the less, I need to get him something. But what ?
History shows, the gifts I've given him either he didn't like or just didn't show any thought when he opened the gift.( still not to sure on that front)
Yet still, I at 40 years old still feel the young girl in me trying to impress him with a cool gift, or a neat gift..something that will make him just think to himself "WOW this is a awesome gift".. Now just a few days away from his Birth-date, and he with my mother in Florida , the time is ticking and I must rock it or ill miss his Birthday.
After weeks of trying to figure it out, tonight i'm at a standstill.
I could get him wine, yet he has friends in high places who buy him wine frequently,
I could buy him another Irish Cap, but how many could I get him throughout the years ?
I could get him slippers, but that's my daughter Nadine's gig now at Christmas.
I could buy him some Golf thingy, yet thru the years of golf giving I realize that only he knows what he wants and likes and seriously..how many desk nick knacks can he have?
Well I sat in front of my lap top tonight and found a web site that sells it all! And by ALL I mean.. A Crazy amount of STUFF . "Something has got to be in this site" and finally my thoughts were answered. Just like that, there it was , ONE DOZEN COOKIES, all types wrapped in a brown box with a beautiful Orange Bow. "Dad loves Cookies", went thru my head as I gleamed at the internet page.
A Card to conclude the gift with a note to boot, it read from Nadine, Chuck and myself. Enclosed is a separate note from me that read "I LOVE YOU DAD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY". Just the three words "I love you" that should seal the deal, well for me anyway. Simple and True.
So we'll see what happens. Hopefully on March 23rd when his gift arrives during his stay in Florida, on his Birthday he'll open up the card and smile and think to himself "I love you too Patsy" ( Patsy is what he calls me)

No comments:

Post a Comment